Partido Manggagawa sa Kabataan
WHAT: Youth and young workers to hold march and vigil on eve of Labor Day
WHEN: Today, April 30, 2015; 5:00 p.m. assembly; 6:00 p.m. program; 7:00 p.m. march
WHERE: Assembly @ Morayta; Program @ Mendiola; March along Espana and Vigil @ Holy Trinity Parish in Balic-Balic
DETAILS: Some 150 members of Partido Manggagawa sa Kabataan (PMK), the youth wing of Partido Manggagawa, will participate in the Labor Day eve activity. The main call of the march and vigil will be “Baguhin ang sistema sa edukasyon at trabaho para walang bagong Mary Jane. Libreng edukasyon. Regular na trabaho para sa lahat.” The PMK members will hold an overnight vigil and attend the big May 1 mobilization of Nagkaisa.
Participants to the PMK event will be senior high school and college students, out-of-school youth and young workers. Interview opportunities on plight of youth and young workers, such as:
1. Young workers who have attended job fairs but remain unemployed
2. Youth working in sweatshops in NCR
3. Young workers in factories of Calabarzon
4. College students enduring high education costs
5. Graduating high school students who cannot afford college education.