January 6, 2013
WHAT: PM COALITION to hold rally
WHEN: Tomorrow, January 7, 10:00 am
WHERE: Supreme Court, Taft Ave. cor. Faura St.
DETAILS: The newly formed workers party-list group PM COALITION will hold a rally at the Supreme Court to push for its petition asking the high court to overturn the Comelec’s disqualification. The SC is set to hold an en banc session on Tuesday and may act on the petition then.
PM COALITION also asked in its petition for a temporary restraining order on the printing of ballots scheduled this January. In an additional motion PM COALITION sought a mandatory injunction to be included in the Comelec raffle of party list groups.
The PM COALITION rallyists will banner the following calls in the picket:
1. Supreme Court: Qualify PM COALITION as partylist, Give representation to workers in Congress
2. Party list: Para sa tao di para sa trapo
3. Workers = marginalized group; PM COALITION = genuine party-list
4. Bigyan ng boses ang manggagawa sa Kongreso
5. Totohanang paglilinis ng partylist, tanggalin LAHAT ng pekeng grupo